Our practice is fully compliant with federal HIPAA requirements for privacy and management of your medical records and communications.
Our electronic medical records (EMS) system is secure and reliable, providing state-of-the-art digital tools to manage your care and ensure your privacy. Our EMS system allows you to electronically review our HIPAA forms and to provide an electronic signature at the start of your treatment. This system also allows us to access your patient information from any location and to respond promptly to any questions or concerns.
This policy does not apply to Manchester ENT’s collection, use or disclosure of your patient health care information, including information you provide to us while being treated at our facilities. Our use and disclosure of that information, known as “Protected Health Information,” is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and related regulations (collectively known as “HIPAA”) and our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Information That We Collect
You may use the Site without providing any personal information.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily:
- We receive and store information you enter on this Site or otherwise provide to us. For example, you may choose to provide your personal information to us when submitting a form to us, registering for a class or event, making a donation, requesting an appointment, performing an online screening, scheduling a tour, or subscribing to a newsletter. Some forms may collect sensitive information, such as health information, necessary for us to provide our services to you. We may also receive your personal information when you contact us via email or through an online “chat” function.
- When you reply to any of our communications with a request, we may need to collect additional information. For example, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as name, email address, and demographic information if you choose to complete an online form or provide feedback.
Information We Collect Automatically:
When you interact with this Site, certain information about your use of the Site may be automatically collected. This information includes computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers. This information also may include your activity history, and your web log information, how you search for our sites, the websites you click on from our sites or emails, whether and when you open our emails, and your browsing activities across other websites.
Much of this information is collected through “cookies” (see below), web beacons and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device (e.g., IP address, MAC address, browser version, etc.).
This Site may use “cookies,” tracking pixels and related technologies. These can be set by Manchester ENT or by companies we work with (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers help us track and analyze visitor activity on the website, measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts, and support the optimization of our digital marketing campaigns.
Cookies are small data files that online services can store on, and retrieve from, a user’s computer or mobile device through the user’s web browser. The information is stored and retrievable either for the duration of a website visit (known as “session cookies”), or until some later point in time set by the website setting the cookie (known as “persistent cookies”).
Examples of information we and our Service Providers collect include how often someone visits this Site and what they do while visiting this Site. We and our Service Providers use this information to understand how our visitors use different Site services, pages and resources and to help us improve the Site. We and our Service Providers also collect information about the activity of individual visitors. This information may be used to direct related advertisements and/or informational content to visitors when they visit other websites.
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default, but you can modify your browser preferences to block or restrict cookies if you do not want your web browsing activity tracked. There are a variety of tools publicly available to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of the website. Learn more from (i) the FTC or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page, which allows users to opt out from receiving interest-based advertising.
We are not responsible for the effectiveness or compliance of third party opt-out mechanisms or programs. Please note that if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to opt out on each browser or device. You can access the information on this Site without enabling cookies in your browser but disabling cookies may result in a diminished ability to take advantage of the services and related informational content on this Site.
Manchester ENT is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide to us via this Site and that we collect. We use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to your information, including a secure firewall and a security infrastructure that protects the integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to us via this Site. As an additional security measure, your personal information is also encrypted during transmission using appropriate technology.
Although we work hard to protect your personal information, Manchester ENT cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through online applications, and you do so at your own risk.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information to:
- Provide services, operate the Site, and help us improve the services we offer and the Site
- Personalize your experience and inform you about the treatments/services in which you have indicated an interest
- Tailor digital advertisements on third-party websites based on your interactions on the Site
- Improve the Site offerings and send you information and updates
- Respond to your questions and requests and improve customer service
- Administer a promotion, survey or other site feature
- Provide you with certain services or information you request, such as sending you our newsletters
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
Manchester ENT may disclose the information you provide to us or which we collect about you to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose the information to third parties who we have engaged to help us provide services or operate the Site.
- If the ownership of our business changes or we need to transfer assets relating to this Site to a third party, we may transfer the information to the new owner.
- We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related site information. These data reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to this Site, but they do not contain information that personally identifies you.
- We may disclose the information if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the sites or our users, or (c) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of the sites or the public.
- We may disclose the information if the disclosure is otherwise permitted or required by law.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the internet, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to This Policy